Sunday, September 22, 2013

A little bit of string, and a whole lot of love.

I just finished the most amazing commission for an even more amazing family. They wanted a piece of art that reflected the energy in their home, and I couldn't think of a more perfect idea than this 5-foot long wood panel that spells out "love u" in nails and coloured string. 

I had a blast working on this piece, which I am slightly obsessed with. There have already been a few requests for smaller scale pieces in this style, and I invite anyone to commission their own nail & string design. I am still working on my photorealist paintings, but projects like this allow me to exercise my creativity. I've become better acquainted with my hammer & nails, and hopefully this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.  

"love u," string and nails, 36" x 60" 

No comments:

Post a Comment