Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Cookie Project

Is there any better project than a cookie project? 


From start to finish, this painting has been an absolute pleasure. The photoshoot wasn't half bad, either. I sorted through three boxes of cookies in order to find the perfect specimen -- a nice, round cookie with good chocolate-exposure. I like PC's Decadent cookies because they are so relatable. We all know their familiar crumbly crunch, followed by that heavenly melt-in-your-mouth sensation. After a few casualties and a glass of milk, I finally found my star. 

Acrylic on Canvas, 36" x 36" (work in progress)

I'm currently putting the finishing touches on this painting, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Who wouldn't want to look at a giant chocolate chip cookie every day? I'm aiming to finish by the end of week... stay tuned for the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment