Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hello Weddings

It's been a few weeks since my last post, and I wanted write about my latest artistic endeavour. While I'm still quite obsessed with the Tasting Room series, I've also begun applying my creative efforts to the wedding industry. I'll be getting married in early September, and in planning my own festivities, I've discovered innovative ways of giving my wedding an artistic flare. 



I've been collaborating with a leading wedding photographer in Montreal, with whom I'll be offering hand-made wedding keepsakes. I am specifically excited about the rising trend in "wedding portraiture," as couples are commissioning custom paintings/drawings of their wedding photos. I've also been offering custom commissions based on engagement photos, so that couples might be able to display their portrait at their wedding. 

Custom commissions from the melody series have also been extremely popular as wedding gifts. I've been creating mid-sized mixed media works, incorporating the favourite song (or wedding dance) of the bride and groom. For more information about the Melody Series, please visit: 

I've also been creating wedding favours & invitations, using beautiful materials from my local paper shop. I've seen "Tears of Joy" Kleenex packets offered at other weddings, for example, but I wanted to put an artistic twist on the idea (see above photo). Samples of other wedding crafts are available upon request.

SO...if you're getting married, or know someone who is, consider lending an artistic quality to your wedding through invitations, favours and gifts that are handcrafted, unique & personalized. Thanks for reading! http://www.erinrothstein.com/contact

No comments:

Post a Comment