Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Weekly Recipes

I mentioned in my last post that I handed out recipe cards at The Artist Project 2013. Each recipe corresponded to a different painting, so as to inspire a multi-sensory response to my work. I thought it might be fun to share these recipes on my blog! Tonight, I made Tequila-Lime Halibut Tacos with Purple Cabbage Slaw. After 4 days in booth #226, I definitely had purple cabbage on the mind. Here's the recipe:

Acrylic on Canvas, 48" x 48"


3/4 lb. red cabbage, shredded
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 Granny Smith apple, cored and grated
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
3/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 lime, zest and juice of
2 tbsp tequila
1 small red onion, cut into thin half moons
2 halibut fillets, 4 oz. each
4 corn tortillas

Combine red cabbage, grated apple, mustard seeds, cilantro, apple cider vinegar, and 2 tbsp olive oil in a large bowl. Salt to taste. In a separate bowl, combine lime, tequila, red onion, and 1 tbsp olive oil, and pour over the fish, letting it marinade for 20 minutes. Place the halibut in a pan (or on a grill) and cook until fish starts to flake. Serve with guacamole on warm corn tortilla or on lettuce leaf in this order: tortilla, guacamole, halibut, red cabbage slaw. Garnish with lime wedges. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment