Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Reflections on the One of a Kind Spring Show

This past weekend was the One of a Kind Spring Show, which was held at The Direct Energy Centre, here in Toronto. Not only was it a beautiful weekend, but also one of the most exhilarating shows I've ever done. The crowd was overwhelming, in the best possible way. I ultimately sold 24 pieces, and made some incredible new friends. Wherever my art is now, I am confident that it has found a good home. 

Here is my latest video, documenting my setup for the show: 

Exhibition Place, Toronto

My little booth, A-38

So what next? Well, here's what I have on the go:

I re-signed onto The One of a Kind Spring Show, and applied for the Christmas Show, which is 11 days  long...which means I'll need to stock up on comfortable shoes. What's a girl to do? 

I also just signed onto a new project called "The Delicious Food Show," which is basically my dream come true. This new show is a three day food-lover's event, designed to engage the consumer in a delicious, all-food experience, featuring hundreds of exhibitors, cooking demos, tastings, hands-on workshops, and appearances by international celebrity chefs including Lynn Crawford, David Rocco, Nadia G, and Chuck Hughes...!!! The 2013 Delicious Food Show will run from October 25-27 at the Better Living Centre in Toronto, attracting over 25,000 qualified foodies. I'll be showing and selling new pieces from the "Tasting Room" series. Stay tuned for more details!

Aside from building my series of contemporary still-life paintings, I'll also be working on a large mural for Google's Montreal office. I am beyond excited about this opportunity, which will also allow me to reconnect with my Montreal-roots. Details to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment