Friday, May 17, 2013

Wake Up

This coming month, the "Tasting Room" series will take a turn for the caffeinated. I'll be painting speciality coffees, in my usual hyperreal style, with stark white backgrounds. I plan to visit an array of coffee shops around the city of Toronto, drinking and photographing my way through each menu. My coffee adventure began this morning, with a delicious latte from L'espresso Bar Mercurio at Bloor and St. George. I can still taste it:  



I plan to create a grouping of 16 paintings, measuring 12" x 12" each. These pieces will make their debut at The Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition, from July 5-7 at Nathan Phillips Square in Toronto. 

Any coffee lovers out there? You can contribute to this project! Send me a photo of your favourite speciality coffee, and it might be included in the series. I'd also love to hear about your favourite coffee hubs. In the meantime, follow me as I sip my way through the city! 

No comments:

Post a Comment